Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tasty Treat: Adobo Pork Chops

My friend, Rebekah, made this marinade for us the week I went back to work after Baby Boy was born. I believe she got the recipe from her bake and freeze club at church. This has marinade become a favorite at our house. Sometimes we substitute chicken for the pork chops. By the way, this recipe freezes well. I like to serve it with black beans, sweet potatoes, and mixed veggies.

Adobo Pork Chops

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 12-30 Min (depending on the thickness of the meat)
READY IN 2 Hrs and 20 Min

Servings 6

INGREDIENTS

  • 6 each Pork Chop Loins
  • 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons Cilantro (chopped)
  • 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Cumin
  • 1 Teaspoon Oregano (dried)
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon (ground)
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
DIRECTIONS
  1. For the marinade, combine brown sugar, oil, orange juice, cilantro, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cinnamon, and garlic. Pour over the pork chops in a gallon Ziploc bag. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or freeze it).
  2. To cook, (thaw chops if necessary) grill the chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until juices run clear (160 degrees), turning halfway through grilling. I like to brush with the marinade a few times while grilling.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds delish, but I'm lazy. I just use cream of chicken soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm always looking for new ways to make my pork chops - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...your blog looks super yummy. I am salivaing to try and taste this recipe. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great...my husband does the cooking and I'm going to have to pass this one on to him. Yummm.

    Kim
    www.pieceofcakedecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds do yummy! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I were a better cook. I'm afraid to experiment lol

    Following you from MBC.

    http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete