Rustic Apricot Tart
PREP TIME 15 Min
READY IN 40 Min
SERVINGS 6 Servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sugar apricot halves, drained
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice. Add apricots and toss to coat.
- Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined 12-in. pizza pan. (I use my Pizza Stone with no parchment paper)
- Brush with egg white to within 1-1/2 in. of edges.
- Spoon apricot mixture over egg white; sprinkle with almonds.
- Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.