Many families have busy schedules these days, and we are no exception. As a working mom I find it incredibly difficult to get home, fix dinner with a hungry 17 month old hanging on my leg, and keep my sanity while doing it. A few weeks ago, I decided that something had to change, so I implemented a plan that has worked really well for us so far.
- Every week, I do meal planning before I go to the grocery store (this saves us money too). I write the meals on my calendar.
- I cook my big meals that may require more time to prepare on the weekends while the baby is napping and hubby is home to distract the baby (if necessary).
- At least twice a week, we eat leftovers. (Leftover night at my house is on Mondays and Wednesdays while hubby is at school).
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, after Baby Boy is in bed, I fix the meal for the next day.
- Friday's is the anything goes night, some nights we have pizza, some nights we go out somewhere that will serve us our food quick, or we pick up some take home after work.
- Sunday: Poppyseed Chicken, Green Beans, salad.
- Monday: Leftovers.
- Tuesday: Spaghetti with Italian sausage.
- Wednesday: Leftovers.
- Thursday: Taco Soup
- Friday: Pizza night
- Saturday: Venison Steaks, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies. If I have time during the day, I may whip up something decadent for dessert.
What easy weeknight meals do you cook? Leave a comment and let me know.