Saturday, September 19, 2009

September Shred: Days 15-19

Today, I'm thinking about survival mode. I'm not talking about how-am-I-going-to-survive-this-workout survival mode; I'm talking about how-am-I-going-to-meet-these-deadlines, I've-got-too-much-to-do-and-too-little-time survival mode. You see, I have several large projects that I am working...and they all come due within a week or two of each other. I am really starting to feel the stress of this.

For some reason, when I start feeling stressed, I cut my workouts from my daily routine. Not good, right? Well, I fell off the exercise wagon earlier this week, but I got back on..in a non-traditional way (Learn more about my non-traditional shred at the September Shred Blog.)

When you go into survival mode, do you cut anything from your daily activities? If so, what? What's your survival mode look like? Leave a comment!

8 comments:

  1. When I am in survival mode I usually cut out trivial things like eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. Not effective FYI. I hope that your deadlines are met and that you can get a minute to relax ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Survival mode is when I am on auto-pilot. I just get the things done that are NEEDED and everything else can wait, like house work. Try to get some zzz's because that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. survival mode is something i hate.. it's better to avoid it, too stresfull.
    take care!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITS. Survival mode, huh? My problem is not so much what gets cut, but what gets added ... sugary items, alcohol, simple carbs ... you know, all the good stuff that gives me momentary bliss but makes me fat. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! I can totally relate to your Survival Mode!!! I totally give up on everything and just work on what needs to get done...always forgetting about myself first! That has GOT to change!!! Good luck in meeting your deadlines....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea. lol But I do think you are awesome and am SOOOO proud of you for sticking with it!! You WILL be rewarded!!!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you come back soon!

    If you are ever interested in a blog design makeover, I'd love to work with you!
    www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I'm in stressed-out survival mode, the first thing that goes for me is my eating habits. I start mindless, unhealthy eating until I snap out of it.

    ReplyDelete