Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Bake
PREP TIME 15 Min
READY IN 20-25 Min
SERVINGS 6-8 Servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (16 oz.) white Alfredo pasta sauce (I like the Classico® Roasted Garlic Alfredo or Four Cheese Alfredo)
- 1 pkg. (20 oz. refrigerated cheese-filled or spinach tortellini (ravioli's would be good too)
- 1-1/2 cup cooked chicken (cubed)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves (I only use a 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 cup of frozen peas (frozen green beans are a good substitute)
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. olive oil
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until tender. Pour into a casserole dish, and stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 400 for 25 minutes*.
*To eat right away:
Mix the Parmesan Cheese, the bread crumbs and oil together and sprinkle over the casserole after it has been cooking about 12 to 15 minutes. Cook for the remaining 10 minutes uncovered until it is golden and bubbly.
*To freeze for later:
Pull the casserole out after 25 minutes. Allow it to cool completely. Put it in a freezer bag, squeeze the air out of the bag, and freeze it. To cook, thaw it out in the refrigerator the day before. Put it in a casserole dish, and bake (covered) at 375 for 25 minutes. Pull out and top with the toppings after about 15 minutes. Cook the remaining 10 minutes uncovered until it is golden and bubbly.