Monday, August 3, 2009

Chit Chat: About My Love of Ice Cream

I love ice cream. I use to think it was just a summer time thing, but then one day I realized. It really didn't matter if it was cold or warm out. I want ice cream all the time...if it is the right flavor. Mint Chip, Coffee, or chocolate are the flavors of choice for me (unless we are talking about a sundae).

Some of my favorite places (in no particular order) to get ice cream are:
  1. Dairy Queen: Did you know that a junior chocolate or vanilla cup is only 3 Weight Watchers points? And it is just the right size, too!
  2. Glacier Ice Cream and Gelato (in Boulder, CO): It's made fresh daily, and has all natural ingredients. I always get the gelato because it is a more intense flavor, and it has less points than ice cream.
  3. Dairy Delite (in Loveland, CO). They have delicious soft serve dipped cones. I've never even checked the points.
  4. Paciugo Gelato, they started in Dallas, Tx, but they are spreading to other states and there are two in Colorado. With flavors such as Hunka-Hunka Burnin'Chocolate and Amaretto Chocolate Chip, how can you go wrong by stopping in for an afternoon treat? Choose from milk-based, water-based, soy-based and sugar free flavors.
  5. The Big Dipper (Upstate New York) I look forward to stopping in here while on vacation with the family, and since I'm on vacation...who's counting calories?!
  6. Ted Drewes (a St. Louis, Mo tradition): Frozen custard. They're famous for their concretes, but my favorite is the Fox Trot Sundae...vanilla custard, hot fudge, raspberries, macadamia nuts and whip cream. YUM!
Have you got a favorite place to get ice cream? Tell me about it. Maybe I'll try it out someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment