Some of my favorite places (in no particular order) to get ice cream are:
- Dairy Queen: Did you know that a junior chocolate or vanilla cup is only 3 Weight Watchers points? And it is just the right size, too!
- Glacier Ice Cream and Gelato (in Boulder, CO): It's made fresh daily, and has all natural ingredients. I always get the gelato because it is a more intense flavor, and it has less points than ice cream.
- Dairy Delite (in Loveland, CO). They have delicious soft serve dipped cones. I've never even checked the points.
- Paciugo Gelato, they started in Dallas, Tx, but they are spreading to other states and there are two in Colorado. With flavors such as Hunka-Hunka Burnin'Chocolate and Amaretto Chocolate Chip, how can you go wrong by stopping in for an afternoon treat? Choose from milk-based, water-based, soy-based and sugar free flavors.
- The Big Dipper (Upstate New York) I look forward to stopping in here while on vacation with the family, and since I'm on vacation...who's counting calories?!
- Ted Drewes (a St. Louis, Mo tradition): Frozen custard. They're famous for their concretes, but my favorite is the Fox Trot Sundae...vanilla custard, hot fudge, raspberries, macadamia nuts and whip cream. YUM!