I love sloppy joes. They are fast, easy and inexpensive to make. For some reason, every time I make these, it makes me think of Halloween. I doubt we had these every Halloween, but I do remember my family sitting at the table eating dinner and eating sloppy joes before going out trick-r-treating. I couldn't tell you how old I was or what my costume was, I just remember we at these just once on Halloween...and they were Mmm, Mmm good!
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 35 Min
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 to 3/4 a green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 to 3/4 a medium onion (chopped)
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- While the beef is browning, chop the green pepper and the onion.
- Drain the grease from the beef, and mix all the ingredients together in the skillet.
Let them simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the pepper and onion are soft).