Easy Slow Cooker French Dip
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 7 Hrs
READY IN 7 Hrs 10 Min
* 4 pounds rump roast
* 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
* 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
* 9 slices of either Mozzarella or Provolone cheese (optional)
* 6 French rolls
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 packet of Lipton French Onion Soup Mix (optional)
* 1 container of sour cream (optional)
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- While rolls are heating, mix the Onion Soup mix with the sour cream.
- Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls. Put a slice of cheese and some Onion soup mixture on the roll. Serve the sauce for dipping.