Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How to...Make a Jedi Costume

I said I was going to do a few more posts on homemade Halloween or Fall Festival costumes. I had thought I would have time to shop, find some c ap supplies, and then make my post. Being a full time working mom with an 18 month old, the shopping part didn't happen. So you will have to use your imagination for this one.


How to make a Jedi Costume
Supplies:
  • burlap sack (here's one for $3.69)
  • off-white or brown turtleneck (free if you have one on hand or can borrow one)
  • thick brown ribbon, or a brown belt (free)
  • brown tights (or sweat pants) (free if you have some, or borrow some)
  • blue tempera paint ($2-5)
  • aluminum foil
  • an old wrapping paper roll (free)
Make it:

  1. Cut head and arm holes in the burlap sack.
  2. Paint the wrapping paper roll blue, and put a bit of aluminum foil on the end to make a handle. You may want to "twist" the last few inches to make the handle part smaller and more stable to hold.
  3. Put on turtleneck and sweats/tights, and layer over the burlap sack. Put belt/ribbon around the waist.
  4. Grab your blue light saber, and you are ready to go get some candy.

5 comments:

  1. That costume sounds ADORABLE and every time I'm here I keep looking at those little chicken pot pies and I'm thinkin' that looks like dinner to me!! You work full time, have a baby, and still have time to have a cute blog??? You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! If I can find a burlap sack in my neck of the woods I'm going to try that. I am also going to use an old black sheet to make a cape thing like they wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! great tips (i'm trying to immagine it hehe).
    have a great day!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! Familyfun.com lists a ton of make-it costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good deal on a burlap sack! I need one (or 3, lol) of those for my blueberry bushes.

    I love the idea of making a costume. Good money saving tip. :)

    ReplyDelete